I introduced the idea of publishing some tools on my blog. Here’s the first one. I changed my desktop a little, downloaded a dock and I needed to hide the taskbar. Putting the taskbar in “Auto-hide” mode using the Taskbar Properties wasn’t enough, it kept popping up and was quite annoying. So I coded this small portable tool to make the taskbar disappear completely. Go and check it out: tools/taskhide.
I released the 3.1 version of hostsController today. Nothing major, just some minor bug fixes and stuff. I hope you enjoy the software!
You might have noticed that I’ve been a little inactive after the 3.0 release, that’s completely normal, don’t worry. I just needed some rest. Anyway, here’s the small changelog:
* minor fixes;
* deletion of the update system;
* minor improvements
What are you waiting for? Go download hostsController 3.0 NOW! If you want to see some screenshots check the presentation page of the software. Thanks to the BETA-testers, without them hostsController wouldn’t be as good as it is: iCore, Awak, Cortana, GuyFawkes, Rom & Djtouftouf.
A TON of new features were added to hostsController 3.0, here’s a list:
* ridiculously small file-size thanks to upx! (http://upx.sourceforge.net/)
* whole new interface, this version has been re-coded from scratch
* overall improvements to the blocking, boosting & redirecting
* introducing the security panel: allows you to hide and protect hostsController with a password
* introducing the backup panel: easier to manage your backups, create some on the fly and see the ones you have already created
* introducing the options panel: tweak the software to your liking, show or hide help & tips, chose your startup panel
* introducing built-in hosts add-ons: download and install user created files that allow you to boost, block and redirect a certain group of domains.
* added automatic update system
* added better language support
* automatic domain ip gathering when domain is boosted
* big ergonomical improvements that make blocking or boosting a domain a lot easier
* added some information about your hosts file
* possbility to view your hosts file in a pop-up (no modifications can be done)
* full access to your hosts file with the advanced editor
* real-time toolbar highlights allow you to use the editor faster
* create or load backups of your hosts file in an instant
* download & import add-ons while editing
* added sounds
* improved installer
* added feedback link
Enjoy this amazing new version that took me a while to finish!