If you ran into some trouble while using hostsController, here are the frequently asked questions that can help you out! If you still need help after reading this page, please contact me.
Frequently asked questions. If you can’t find an answer in the list below, please feel free to contact me here.
• Blocked domain still accessible. If after blocking a domain name it’s still accessible in your web browser try the following:
- save your hosts file;
- restart your browser or clear it’s cache[link];
- check if the domain is correctly blocked;
- check if hostsController has Admin rights and your anti-virus isn’t blocking it.
• My anti-virus is flipping out. It is completely normal if your anti-virus is giving you a hard time with hostsController. The HOSTS file is part of Windows’ system and it is automatically protected. To get around this you have to set hostsController as an allowed software in your anti-virus options. For more information on how to do that check the appropriate support page.
• Can I use hostsController to protect my company? hostsController is free to use for personal and commercial purposes, so please do.
• hostsController in my own language? You can translate hostsController into your own language and submit it here. This would help out greatly!
Copyright (c) VanceLanceDance, 2014. All rights reserved.